Version 13.08.00 of the Firmware Test Suite has been released today. This latest release includes the following new features:
* uefirtvariable - can now specify number of iterations for high duration soak testing,
* new --acpica option to turn enable core ACPICA functionality (such as ACPI slack mode and serialized AML execution),
* sync klog scan patters with Linux 3.10,
* klog test now parses firmware related kernel warning messages,
* JSON log output now supports "pretty" formatting,
* update to ACPICA version 20130725
* SMBIOS and dmi_decode tests merged into a new dmicheck tests,
..and also the usual bug fixes. We have been using Coverity Scan and this has helped to improve the quality of the code in the recent releases.
For more details, please consult the release notes.
The source tarball is available at: http://fwts.ubuntu.com/release/fwts-V13.08.00.tar.gz and can be cloned from the repository: git://kernel.ubuntu.com/hwe/fwts.git
The fwts 13.08.00 .debs are available in the firmware testing PPA and will soon appear in Ubuntu Saucy 13.10.
Thanks to Alex Hung, Ivan Hu, Keng-Yu Lin and Zhang Rui for their contributions and also to Robert Moore for the on-going work on ACPICA.