1. Added ACPI table tests:
- BERT (Boot Error Record Table)
- BGRT (Boot Graphics Resource Table)
- BOOT (Boot Table)
- CPEP (Corrected Platform Error Polling Table)
- CSRT (Core System Resource Table)
- DBG2 (Debug Port Table 2)
- DBGP (Debug Port Table)
- ECDT (Embedded Controller Boot Resources Table)
- ERST (Error Record Serialization Table)
- FACS (Firmware ACPI Control Structure)
- HEST (Hardware Error Source Table)
- LPIT (Low Power Idle Table test)
- MSDM (Microsoft Data Management Table)
- SLIC (Software Licensing Description Table)
- SLIT (System Locality Distance Information)
- SPCR (Serial Port Console Redirection Table)
- SPMI (Service Processor Management Interface Description Table)
- SRAT (System Resource Affinity Table)
- TCPA (Trusted Computing Platform Alliance Capabilities Table)
- UEFI (UEFI Data Table)
- WAET (Windows ACPI Emulated Devices Table)
- XENV (Xen Environment Table)
- FADT (Fixed ACPI Description Table)
- HPET (HPET IA-PC High Precision Event Timer Table)
- GTDT (GTDT Generic Timer Description Table)
- MADT (Multiple APIC Description Table)
- RSDP (Root System Description Pointer)
- RSDT (Root System Description Table)
- SBST (Smart Battery Specification Table)
- XSDT (Extended System Description Table)
4. Renamed the --uefi and --acpi options to --uefitests and --acpitests respectively.
5. Improved fwts built-time regression tests. To ensure future changes don't break fwts, we have added more regression tests to sanity check fwts ACPI table tests. Quality matters to us.
This release also incorporates some important bug fixes too, such making the acpidump dump file loading parser more robust, updating the SMM Communication fields on the UEFI table and fixing a segfault in the regular expression kernel log scanner on 32 bit systems.
For the next release of fwts, we are planning to continue to add table more tests from ACPI 5.x and ACPI 6.0 to get full coverage.
As ever, like all releases, for more details please consult the change log and the release notes.